GAF is North America’s largest roofing manufacturer and they didn’t get to that position of strength by cutting corners. When it comes to roofing materials, quality is important but so is workmanship. A strong shingle can fail if it’s installed incorrectly. That’s why GAF prefers Certified Roofing Contractors in the installation of its products. That’s important and it’s something you should look for when considering a roofer.
Many people call us with roof leaks. When we come out for the complimentary roof check and tell them their problem (often a bad installation with a discount roofer), they are surprised. They assumed because they selected the upgraded shingles, they wouldn’t get leaks.
And they shouldn’t have, under normal circumstances and maintenance.
But if your installer wasn’t dedicated to quality, your manufacturer’s warranty could be voided. Companies like GAF are very selective when it comes to who they allow to sell and install their shingles.
To become a factory-certified GAF contractor, we had to show that we are:
- Properly licensed as required by Ontario/the place we do business.
- Insured for the homeowner’s protection.
- Well-respected with a proven reputation for providing quality roofing and repair services.
- Willing to participate in ongoing professional training. GAF wants all of its certified installers to be dedicated to quality installation by keeping up with the newest best practices.
GAF does the hard part for homeowners. If you find a roofer that is GAF certified, you know they understand quality and strive for it, they are reputable, and dependable professional contractors — not a “fly-by-nighter”. That’s why we’re proud to have the GAF certification.
Timberline Brand Products
GAF has many popular products including its Timberline brand. It comes in many colors to complement your home and curb appeal. The Timberline Shingles have a limited lifetime warranty.
There is also the Ultra-Premium Designer Roofing Shingles line. These asphalt shingles are available in a variety of colors and textures that give the look of slate or wood shakes. They offer a high-end appearance with a lower cost point than those materials.
Why Choose GAF Shingles?
Not only is GAF the largest roofing manufacturer in North America, it also has a reputation for quality products. Its award-winning shingles protect many homes. You might be interested to know that:
- “Timberline® Shingles with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology are the #1 selling shingle brand in North America
- Rated #1 in shingle quality by home builders in 9 out of the last 11 years
- Winner of 2012-2016 Women’s Choice Award (9 out of 10 female customers highly recommending GAF to others)
- Multiple-time winner of the Builder’s Choice Award
- Winner of the Innovation Award for Asphalt Roofing Shingles in Home Builder Executive and Home Improvement Executive in 2011-2014”
Again, while these GAF products offer impressive protection, you can’t trust the install to just anyone. Look for GAF-certified installers. Each roofing product has its own set of requirements and specifications. You don’t want to run into problems with the manufacturer’s warranty because it wasn’t installed properly.
At Perfect Pitch Roofing & Exteriors, we’ve built a reputation on exceeding customers’ expectations. Our numerous five-star reviews speak for themselves. We’re also proud to be certified by BP, Malarkey, and GAF, some of the most reputable manufacturers in the roofing business.
If you’re considering a new roof or want to improve the curb appeal of your home, contact Perfect Pitch Roofing & Exteriors.
We’d be glad to give you a complimentary roof inspection and assist you in selecting a look that will not only make your home more beautiful but provide superior protection as well.
To schedule your home roof inspection, call us at 519-200-6063 or just fill in the form on the right side of this page.